Check out 5 resolutions to maintain a healthy facility and meet your facilities management goals this year.
Did you set a New Year’s resolution this year? If you did, are you sticking to it? Why not set a resolution to maintain healthy facilities this year? If you do that, you’ll reduce time and operating costs, and also make your job a lot less stressful. Here are FMX Founder Brian Gregory’s top 5 resolutions for effective Facilities Management .
- Schedule preventive maintenance for equipment: 33%-50% of maintenance expenditures can be saved by establishing and executing a preventive maintenance program. Positive impacts of a PM program can include reduced equipment downtime, improved safety conditions, fewer large-scale repairs
- Repair assets right the first time and develop a replacement plan for inefficient equipment: 70% of equipment failures happen shortly after initial installation or major maintenance.
- Make it a priority to track maintenance and operating costs and budget accordingly
- Track warranty information: Warranties can be an untapped gold mine. Using a CMMS to store and organize warranty documentation can help you keep track of expiration dates and other important information. Keeping up with warranties can save you 10% to 50% annually. Pro tip: Always review, properly store, and abide by warranty rules. Without this, you risk voiding it!
- Keep management informed and involved: 86% of employees and executives cite lack of collaboration or ineffective communication for workplace failures. Try implementing a technology-driven FM system designed to keep people in the loop.